UCPath is a systemwide business transformation project supported by a large-scale technology upgrade.
UC's Payroll/Personnel System, PPS, will be replaced by PeopleSoft, a best-in-class tool for HR and payroll administration.
PPS is almost 35-years-old. The year that PPS was launched (1981)…
- IBM introduced its first PC.
- The Apple Macintosh launch was still about three years away.
- The word “internet” was first mentioned. There was no such thing as the web or web browser.
- Typewriters were standard office technology.
The idea for replacing PPS came from UC's campus controllers, chief human resource officers and academic personnel directors.
UCPath will support:
- 18 UC Locations (10 campuses and 5 health systems plus the UC Office of the President, Agriculture and Natural Resources and the Associated Students of UCLA)
- 190,000 UC employees (60,000 faculty and 130,000 staff)
Benefits of UCPath include:
- High quality, consistent data
- More efficient and accurate payroll
- Stable, reliable technology
- Improved self-service for employees supported by a customer service center
- Standardized business process within the UC system