While the UCPath team has worked tirelessly to ensure a smooth transition from the PPS system to the UCPath system on October 1st, there are likely to be some errors, including errors in pay. If an employee has a significant pay issue, they will have emergency pay options at their disposal. Here are some more details about those options.
Off Cycle Pay
- UC Davis campus employees should contact their appropriate Service Channel to request an off-cycle pay request. UC Davis Health employees will contact Health payroll to initiate a request.
- Off Cycle pay is generally received in 1-2 business days subject to payroll deadline
- Unlike an emergency pay card, employees do not need to sign a consent form to receive an off cycle payment
- Off cycle requests will pay 100% of missed pay whereas Emergency pay cards are based on a percentage of pay due
- Payment is received according to the employees normal pay method (i.e. direct deposit, US Mail, etc.)
Emergency Pay Cards
- UC Davis campus employees should contact their appropriate Service Channel to request an emergency pay card. UC Davis Health employees will contact Health payroll to initiate a request.
- Emergency pay cards require the employee to sign a consent form in advance of the pay card being issued
- Employee must have a social security number
- Can be processed the same day, subject to payroll deadlines
- Emergency pay cards will be issued based on an estimate of the net pay due sent according to the employees normal pay method (i.e. direct deposit, US Mail, etc.). Any remaining balance will be paid on the next available check write.
- Available to non-represented employees and to employees in the following unions: DX, PA, BX, PX and CX
There is another emergency pay option for employees without a Social Security number or for those represented employees who unions that do not participate in the pay card program. Please contact your service channel for more information.
A pay error does not automatically mean an employee will need an off cycle payment or an emergency pay card. Whether a pay error requires emergency pay will be determined on a case-by-case basis. When UCPath goes live, employees are encouraged to work with the same people in their department or service channel that they work with now if any error occurs. For more information on pay processes, employees are encouraged to visit ucpath.ucdavis.edu.