New modern payroll, benefits, human resources and academic personnel solution will put more tools into the hands of UC Davis staff and academics when it rolls out next spring.
UCPath will replace many At Your Service Online (AYSO) functions and deliver mobile-friendly access to new features.
“UCPath will offer a lot of conveniences right from your phone, and saves time,” explained Steven Roth, academic lead for the UCPath program and former Executive Assistant Dean for the College of Letters and Science. “Much of what used to be done from AYSO will now move to UCPath and be easier to view and update. Plus, UCPath will offer new features and provide consistent access to employment information for supervisors.”
UCPath is a systemwide project launched by the University of California to modernize its aging payroll/personnel system (PPS). As part of UCPath, UC Davis and UC Davis Health are deploying new technology and standardizing processes to enhance the way payroll, benefits and personnel services are delivered.
“UCPath affects everyone. If you get a paycheck, then you will be affected,” said Matt Okamoto, Controller and Assistant Vice Chancellor of Accounting and Financial Services and co-chair of the UCPath project. “We take your paychecks very seriously and it’s our number one goal to ensure they’re correct.”
A large part of the technology upgrade involves enhancing self-service options for employees, academics and supervisors, including the ability to:
- View and update personal information including name and mailing address, personal email, emergency contacts, honors and degrees, licenses and certifications, and more.
- View current benefits enrollment and update benefits enrollment during open enrollment or life events (marriage, baby, etc.).
- View and print earnings statements, edit tax withholding (W-4), view annual wage reports (W-2), and verify employment.
- Monitor leave balances (vacation, sick, paid time off, sabbatical, etc.).
- Directly access UCPath Center to ask about pay and benefits.
- View employment information about direct reports through a Supervisor Portal.
“We’re excited about the new UCPath features for employees and believe it puts more power in the hands of our staff and academics,” said Brenda Rebman, Chief Human Resources Officer and Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources for UC Davis and UC Davis Health. “We can do almost anything from our cell phones, and this new technology helps UC catch up to the digital times.”
In future phases of the UCPath Project, the remaining AYSO features will also move to UCPath. Until then, employees can still access AYSO to:
- Access the retirement estimator.
- View and update beneficiary information.
- View and print past W-2s
- View past benefits information.
- View or change retirement savings account information (Fidelity website).