UCPath is here to serve the entire UC Davis employee population, yet we recognize that with a deployment of this magnitude, some pay errors will occur. We want to ensure that every student employee has the resources available to resolve any pay issues quickly. The FAQs listed below provide guidance for some basic scenarios. If you have an issue that is not described below, please talk to your supervisor.
If you need to speak with someone in person, visit Trailhead, a student employee resource center, located at the Student Accounting Office at 2100 Dutton Hall. Trailhead is available to help resolve student employee payroll issues Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., from September 30 through November 8, 2019. Starting November 12, it will move to the Shared Services Organization Onboarding Center in Memorial Union room 244. It will be open Monday from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Student Employee Payroll Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do if my paycheck is incorrect?
- Inform your supervisor as soon as possible. Your supervisor will follow up on the issue and discuss options to correct the payment.
- Where can I go to talk to someone in person about a pay issue?
- Trailhead, a student employee resource center currently located at 2100 Dutton Hall, is available to help identify student employee UCPath issues Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., during the first several weeks of UCPath stabilization through November 8, 2019. Starting Tuesday, November 12 it will move to the Shared Services Organization Onboarding Center, Memorial Union room 244. It will be open Monday from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and Tuesday-Friday from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- What if I miss a timesheet deadline?
- Contact your supervisor. Your supervisor will work with your service channel to determine the next possible pay date.
The deadlines for employees to submit their time cards have not changed. However, supervisors and time administrators have new deadlines to approve time cards in time for the UCPath Center to process pay. Check timesheet deadlines for TRS.
- I am newly hired. Can I start working before my paperwork is complete?
- No, your new hire process must be complete and you must be fully onboarded by your service channel before you start working. If you start before this occurs, you could experience issues with your first paycheck.
- How do I update my direct deposit information?
- Go to UCPath Online to change your direct deposit information, view your pay statements and leave balances, or update your personal information.