SCT Project Goals, Impacts, and Resources
The goal of the UCPath SCT Redesign is to build a new Salary Cost Transfer Tool that meets business requirements and reduces current complexity when performing SCT-related entry (Direct Retro) and processing.
Why are we implementing this project?
The aim of the UCPath SCT Redesign is to build a new Salary Cost Transfer Tool that fulfills business requirements and reduces current complexity when performing SCT-related transactions and processing.
What is the timeline?
The project was kicked off on August 2021 with an estimated go-live of November 2023.
UAT: August 2023 – October 2023
UCPath Center Training Updates: October 2023 – December 2023
Local Training Updates: July 2023 – December 2023
Pending Transaction Fully Approved by: 5pm November 3
Transaction Freeze: November 6-9, 2023
Direct Retro, Funding Entry, Benefit Cost Transfer, and Budget Distribution Transactions
will not be Available
Cutover: November 9-12, 2023*
Go-Live: November 13, 2023*
*Note: dates listed above are subject to change.
- How will this impact me?
- Most SCT business processes will remain the same. However, page display, additional edits, and added automation will change.
Transactions Eligible in new SCT tool
The new SCT tool will indicate which tool you need to use to complete the transaction.
The new SCT tool will be used for expenses paid on or after October 2021 and have not had a Direct Retro performed on the same paycheck.
The existing Direct Retro tool will be used for expenses paid prior to October 2021 or have had a Direct Retro performed on the same paycheck prior to the new SCT go-live.
- What are the features of the new SCT Tool?
- The new tool will have many new features for transactors that use Salary Cost Transfer frequently. While this is not an exhaustive list, users can expect the following changes:
Additional search fields, including: Pay End Date, Earn End date, Chartstring fields & Earn Code
Individual earning entries from paychecks can be selected instead of the entire paycheck
Cost transfers will occur in the same data entry area, instead of the old and new data section in the current state.
Save without or with validation. Any eligible user can resume a saved SCT.
All validation errors are presented at once.
No need for a separate MCOP worksheet for capped funding entries.
The fields on the SCT page will change depending on the type of funding (Unrestricted, Restricted, Work Study split).
Work-study SCTs will have new processing options. When processing a SCT transaction involving Work Study funds, several options appear in a drop-down. Once you select one WS eligible line, all WS eligible lines in the same paycheck will automatically be selected:
Apply work-study (WS) - This is enabled when WS split wasn’t applied before SCT
Re-apply Option - Enables the system to recalculate WS split when position pool ID or award amount changes
Remove WS - Allows the user to move all WS portions to non-WS funds
SCT Redesign Preparation
- Are there any project demos or slides I can watch and refer to?
There are UCPath Center created demo sessions. These demos are not considered training. The version available in UCPath production may vary slightly. See below for UCPath Center created slide decks.
*Note Chartstrings in the demo will not match UC Davis Chartstrings however the navigation and overview will still apply.
UCPath Demos - SCT Tool
UCPath Slide Decks - SCT Tool
Local Training and Webinar
SCT Project Overview and Impact
October 25, 2023, 3:00-4:00pm PST
Watch the Recording
Session Chat and Q&A
Training Resources are still in development
All SCT training materials will be available under the Transactor Resources page.
- GL Module Freeze & Downtime: Nov 6-12
- The General Ledger Module will be down for cutover from November 9-12 for cutover with an additional Transaction Freeze from Nov 6-9.
Users will not be allowed to do any Direct Retro, Funding Entry, Benefit Cost Transfer, and Budget Distribution Transactions during November 6-9, 2023
There is no full UCPath Downtime for this Release.
- Post Go Live
- After November 13, users will see both the Direct Retro and Salary Cost Transfer options in UCPath.
The Direct retro will only be used for payroll expenses that have had a previous Direct retro or benefit Cost transfer completed on it or for payroll expenses prior to October 2021.
- Aggie Enterprise Integration
- Once Aggie Enterprise (AE) goes lives on January 8, 2024, you will not be able to move any payroll expenses prior to AE go-live via Direct retro or Salary Cost Transfer. Please take the appropriate action to review your accounts now and move expenses prior to January 8th.