Welcome to the General Ledger (GL) page. Here you will find UCPath fiscal year end processes, quarterly processing calendars and helpful tips.
- Fiscal Year End 2021 Process
- UCPath Center GL Processing Calendar
- Tracking COVID-19 Costs for UC Davis Medical Center
- Tips: Direct Retros (Salary Cost Transfers)
- Tips: Funding Information
Fiscal Year End 2021 Process
As we approach fiscal year end, we’ve compiled a list of considerations for UCPath processes. To see all UCPath Finance/GL Fiscal Year End reference documents and notifications, please visit this Box Folder (Note: Access is permitted only to those with UC Davis system Access).
The Finance and Business Fiscal Close website remains the primary source of fiscal close information.
UCPath Funding Rollover
UCPath records funding by fiscal year. This requires a process to roll funding over into the new fiscal year. Learn more about this process in this guide.
Funding Entry Moratorium
To facilitate the UCPath year-end funding rollover process, users should not initiate, save, submit or approve Funding Entry transactions between June 24 and June 30, 2021.
Assessment Rate Changes
Composite Benefit Rate (CBR), Vacation Leave, and General Auto Employment Liability (GAEL) assessment rates will be updated for Fiscal Year 2021–2022. These rates will be published to the Finance and Business website.
The Biweekly Pay Period ending June 26, 2021 will be your last opportunity to report Work-Study working hours for 2020–2021. Visit the Fiscal Close calendar for important dates and reminders for processing 2020–21 Year-end Work-Study.
Direct Retro (Salary Cost Transfer) Deadline
Direct Retro transactions must be fully approved in UCPath by 5 p.m. on July 6. The UCPath Center batch processing schedule is available in the UCPath Center GL Processing Calendar.
The systemwide volume for Direct Retros will be increased this year with the addition of two more campuses to UCPath. It is highly recommended to process transfers as soon as the need is identified.
Clearing Payroll Expenses in Default FAUs
Please read this document for guidelines and deadlines.
Key Dates 2021
- Ongoing: review and correct expenses charged to DEFLT, SUSPN and ERROR Sub Accounts
- June 23 at 7 p.m.: Fully approve Funding Entry for the next Fiscal Year 2022 (July 1, 2021 effective date) prior to the UCPath Funding Rollover process
- June 23 at 7 p.m.: Fully approve Funding Entry for changes to the June monthly pay period end 6/30/2021
- June 24–30: Funding Entry Moratorium – do not enter, submit, or approve Funding Entry transactions
- June 30 at 7 p.m.: Fully approve Funding Entry for changes to the June bi-weekly pay period end June 26, 2021
- July 6 at 5 p.m.: Fully approve Direct Retros (Salary Cost Transfers) in UCPath to post to the 2020–2021 fiscal Year
- Update Funding Entry as needed before the July pay confirm
- July 14 at 7 p.m.: Fully approve Funding Entry for changes to the July bi-weekly pay period end 7/10/2021
- July 26 at 7 p.m.: Fully approve Funding Entry for changes to the July monthly pay period end July 31, 2021
The GL Processing Calendar shows the payroll processing calendar as a baseline with details on when Salary Cost Transfers (SCT), Benefit Cost Transfers (BCT), and other updates will be processed. See the last page of the document for definitions.
Last posted May 26, 2021 – Fiscal Year End Calendar for June–July 2021 has been added.
Tracking COVID-19 Costs for UC Davis Medical Center
COVID-19 will have financial implications for UC Davis Medical Center and we will want to track direct and incremental costs for the organization. The situation for UC Davis Health continues to develop, therefore, these guidelines will be updated and expanded as the response to COVID-19 continues to evolve. Objective: to meet financial reporting requirements related to California Department of Finance, FEMA, 1135 Waiver, CAPH, UCOP and Executive Leadership.
Please see the guidelines here and the instructions on processing Direct Retro cost transfers here. (Note that the guide has revision marks visible to provide visibility into what has changed since initial release.)
Tips | Direct Retros (Salary Cost Transfers)
Tips | Funding Information
When UCPath was implemented, the assessment rate (e.g. CBR, VLA, GAEL) was based on the HR Department of the Position. The UCPath Center has implemented a change whereby the assessments will be based on the Chart for each distribution.
Before: A UC Davis employee with Chart L – ANR funding was assessed at the UC Davis rates.
Note that when performing Direct Retro (Salary Cost Transfers) will be impacted by these changes
|Effective Dates and Sequence numbers control which entry will be in effect. If you need to enter Funding that falls into a period of time between two existing Funding Entries, be sure to click the + sign that falls between the two entries, not at the top of the page. If there is an incorrect entry, you can enter a second Funding Entry record with the same Effective dates and it will have a higher Sequence number. Whichever entry for a given date that has the highest sequence number is the one that will be used for funding distributions.|
Object Code Derivation
UCPath will derive the Object Code for funding distributions based on the rules described in this Job Aid. When a user enters funding distributions in UCPath Funding Entry, the Object Code is not displayed on screen. The Object Code will be derived when pay is processed and appear on ledgers. For more information on the use of Object Codes, go to the Accounting & Financial Reporting website.