Fiscal Year End 2020
As we approach fiscal year end, we’ve compiled a list of considerations for UCPath processes. To see all Fiscal Year End reference documents and notifications, please visit this Box Folder. (Note: Access is permitted only to those with UC Davis system access.)
The Finance & Business Fiscal Close website remains the primary source of fiscal close information.
UCPath Funding Rollover
UCPath records funding by fiscal year. This requires a process to roll funding over into the new fiscal year. Learn more about this process in this guide.
- Exception Reports will be available soon in this Box Folder and in the guide linked above.
Funding Entry Moratorium
To facilitate the UCPath year-end funding rollover process, users should not initiate, save, submit or approve Funding Entry transactions between 6/25 – 6/26 and between 6/29 – 6/30.
Assessment Rate Changes
Composite Benefit Rate (CBR), Vacation Leave, and General Auto Employment Liability (GAEL) assessment rates will be updated for Fiscal Year 2020-2021. These rates will be published to the Finance & Business website.
As communicated in the 6/5 email from the Finance FIS Help Desk, the B1 Biweekly Pay Period ending 06/27/20 will be your last opportunity to report Work-Study working hours for 2019-2020. Visit the Fiscal Close website for important dates and reminders for processing 2019-20 Year-end Work-Study.
Direct Retro (Salary Cost Transfer) Deadline
Direct Retro transactions must be fully approved in UCPath by 5:00PM on 7/6.
Clearing Payroll Expenses in Default FAUs
Please read this document for guidelines and deadlines.
Key Actions & Dates
- Ongoing: review and correct salary and benefit expenses charged to DEFLT, SUSPN and ERROR Sub Accounts
- 6/17: Fully approve Funding Entry changes for 6/13 Bi-weekly B2 pay
- 6/24: Fully approve Funding Entry that requires the Salary Cap/MCOP Worksheet prior to the MCOP Funding Rollover process
- 6/25 - 6/26: Funding Entry Moratorium – do not enter, submit, or approve Funding Entry transactions
- 6/26: Fully approve Funding Entry prior to the UCPath Funding Rollover process
- 6/28: Fully approve Funding Entry changes for 6/30 Monthly pay
- 6/29 - 6/30: Funding Entry Moratorium – do not enter, submit, or approve Funding Entry transactions
- 7/6 5PM: Fully approve Direct Retros (Salary Cost Transfers) in UCPath in order to post to the 2019-2020 fiscal year
- Update Funding Entry as needed before the July pay confirm
- 7/15 Fully approve Funding Entry for July Bi-weekly (B2) (pay period end 7/11/20)
- 7/26 Fully approve Funding Entry for July Monthly (pay period end 7/31/20)
Other General Deadlines and Timing
- Ledger Updates: Direct Retros are posted to the ledger one to three times per week. Once the Direct Retro is fully approved, the UCPath Center will run the batch process to post it to the ledger on weeknights when there is not a payroll confirm process (e.g. on weeknights when there is no monthly, bi-weekly or off-cycle pay confirm).
- Direct Retro Timing: Cost transfers onto Federal or Federal Flow Through funds must be completed within 120 days from the pay date.
- Funding Entry Timing: To have a funding entry be in effect before payroll is processed, the Funding Entry needs to be Approved before the Pay Confirm Date on the UCPath Processing schedule available on this web page.
- KFS SET Retirement: The last day for processing Salary Expense Transfers in Kuali Financial Systems is May 29, 2020. Any SETs that are "enroute/not fully executed" after this date will be cancelled.